Content - Laboratory Testing Services
Laboratory Testing Services
Uster Technologies offers a top-class textile testing service. Its dedicated laboratories in Switzerland and China carry out tests on cotton fibers and blends – as well as analyzing staple and filament yarns of all raw materials.
Fiber testing offered include:
With each fiber characteristic the USTER® testing instrument is indicated and linked to the application range.
- Moisture HVI
- Micronaire HVI
- Strength and elongation HVI
- Reflection and yellowness HVI
- Length HVI │AFIS
- Fineness HVI │AFIS
- Maturity HVI │AFIS
- Trash and dust HVI │AFIS
- Neps HVI
- Fiber neps and seat coat neps AFIS
- Visible foreign matters AFIS
Yarn testing offered include:
With each yarn characteristic the USTER® testing instrument is indicated and linked to the application range.
- Yarn evenness Tester
- Imperfections (trash, dust and neps) Tester
- Hairiness Tester
- Hairiness length classification Tester │ HL400
- Seldom-occurring yarn faults CLASSIMAT
- Yarn strength Tensorapid │ Tensojet
- Elongation of yarn Tensorapid │ Tensojet
- Yarn count Tester │ Yarn Reel
- Twist Twist Tester
- Strength and elongation of splices Quantum
Customers can send samples to the laboratories in Switzerland or China for testing and for expert guidance in interpreting the test results.
More information on services offered: please see downloadable documents in the right-hand panel.
Further questions: please contact either laboratory direct.