Content - Application for USTERIZED certification
How to become USTERIZED
Uster Technologies imposes strict conditions on candidates for USTERIZED® certification. High standards of quality assurance based on proper use of USTER® instruments is the essential stipulation.
The following list outlines the main requirements for USTERIZED® membership.
Quality management and measuring systems
- Fiber testing: HVI® or AFIS®
- Yarn testing: USTER® TESTER, USTER® TENSORAPID or USTER® TENSOJET, USTER® CLASSIMAT or USTER® QUANTUM EXPERT Lab Online or Advanced Classification
- Yarn monitoring:
- Ring, compact spinning: USTER® QUANTUM featuring Foreign Fiber Detection (>50%)
- Rotor spinning: no USTER® yarn clearers required but at least USTER® CLASSIMAT
- Air jet spinning: no USTER® yarn clearers required but at least USTER® CLASSIMAT
Constant environmental conditions in the laboratory according to ISO 139 standards for consistent measurement of quality values with USTER® instruments.
Service agreement with Uster Technologies for all the required instruments listed above.
Suitable sampling plan established in the spinning mill.
Yarn quality profiles for selected products, with test reports on standard yarns, including USTER® STATISTICS percentile values.
The audit process requires evidence of a successful continuous improvement program in the spinning mill.
The right mindset is equally important. Candidates must be dedicated to ‘managing a spinning mill with quality in mind’ – following USTER’s Think Quality approach, which requires:
- A clear product specification in use
- A `fast response´ to quality issues
- A good understanding of improvement options
- Optimization of processes for business sustainability
Fulfilling these requirements ensures that the right quality is produced every time.