The USTER® QUANTUM 3 Anniversary Edition is packed with valuable new and well-established features for optimized yarn quality.
Core Yarn Clearing
Core yarn produced with sections of missing or off-center elastane is a serious problem, potentially causing huge waste of fabric downstream. Core Yarn Clearing uses unique USTER® sensor combinations to identify significant problem areas with the core component. The Core Yarn feature is only available with the Foreign Matter option.
Connecting to the Total Testing Center™
For fabrics made of mélange and colored yarns, variations in color and shade are critical. USTER’s advanced foreign matter sensor avoids such defects with its Shade Variation feature, available with USTER® QUANTUM 3 Anniversary Edition.
The latest USTER® QUANTUM EXPERT 3 builds the link between USTER® QUANTUM 3 Anniversary Edition and the Total Testing Center of USTER® TESTER 6. This combination provides a total mill overview. Quality exceptions can be traced, based on integrated data from the clearer and all other processes. For example, USTER® QUANTUM 3 information can be combined with laboratory test data to predict the weaving performance of a yarn.
Total Contamination Control
The proven technology of USTER® JOSSI VISION SHIELD and USTER® QUANTUM 3 eliminates foreign matter at both ends of the yarn production process. Total Contamination Control means precisely controlled contamination levels in yarns, with minimum waste, enabled through smart connections to the Quality Management Platform.
Ring Spinning Optimization
- RSO – in-line assistance with ring spinning and winding alerts by Assistant Q
- RSO – spindle speed optimization for higher performance while building the best possible cops
- Quality mapping of individual spindles with USTER® RSO 3D via Muratec QPRO EX/FPRO EX
- Ergonomic and easy-to-use man-machine interface
- Smart articles synchronization
- Remote control of the CCUs from anywhere
- Simple reporting and smart filtering of essential data
- Fast and easy optimization of the clearing limits
- Total Contamination Control reduces contaminants reaching winding, so decreasing the levels of cuts and remaining contamination in yarns
- Ring Spinning Optimization (RSO), as the link to productivity and quality to reduce quality variations
- USTER® RSO 3D, offering quality mapping of individual spindles as a first step and the prevention of poor quality at source as a conclusion
- Prognosis – Prediction of spinning performance using USTER® QUANTUM 3 quality data