Uster Q-Bar 2
The formation monitoring system
Monitoring the formation process with Uster Q-Bar 2 helps prevent defects before they occur; providing full process control, increasing first quality and reducing waste.
On-loom formation monitoring for constant fabric quality
Uniquely positioned directly above the reed, the Uster Q-Bar 2 monitoring system controls fabric formation, thereby detecting problems in the weaving process before they become a defect (instead of just inspecting the surface). A quick response at this point helps avoid extensive or recurring defects.
Customizable alarm and stop signals let you rectify problems immediately. Uster Q-Bar 2 significantly reduces seconds and material loss.
Uster Q-Bar 2 is positioned on top of the loom, making it easy to install on existing weaving machines.
Q-Bar 2 is positioned on top of the loom and outside the operating space to ensure you can get on with your work without hindrance.
Detecting defects before they appear with FMS
Uster Q-Bar 2 is a formation monitoring system that not only detects defects on woven fabrics, but also monitors the actual fabric formation process during each weaving cycle.
- Identify and eliminate problems even before they enter the fabric
- Avoid extensive or recurring defects
Minimizing warp defects with warp monitoring
Minimize warp-related defects by monitoring each warp end while the shed is moving.
- Monitor the warp even before it is traversed by the weft
- Detect incorrect warp tensions, loose warp ends and pattern irregularities
Reduce weft irregularities with weft monitoring
The unique weft monitoring algorithm of Uster Q-Bar 2 complements the loom`s sensors and allows you to monitor the quality of each inserted weft across the entire width of the fabric.
- Immediately detect weft-related defects that the loom cannot, such as slubs or loops
Monitoring the selvedge and leno
The fabric selvedge is most critical area for the weaver as well as for later processing. Uster Q-Bar 2 provides a selvedge monitoring feature, allowing you to identify any problems in the selvedge or even with the leno yarns during the weaving process.
- Detects irregularities in the selvedge
- Detects broken leno
Online monitoring with Uster Fabriq Expert
Uster Fabriq Expert collects data on all defects and provides real-time quality analysis based on data from each fabric roll. This helps you optimize product and process quality.
- Collect detailed statistics, comparisons and trends
- Prevent defects by localizing them
- Ensure immediate reactions and continuous improvement
- Provide efficient quality reporting
- Enhance quality awareness
100% quality assurance for highly demanding markets
Uster Q-Bar 2 increases quality assurance in all industries that use weaving, such as:
- Technical textiles: fabrics for coating, bulletproof fabrics, conveyor belts, glass fabrics, sailcloth, geotextiles
- Automotive: airbags, tire cord, dashboards
- Home textiles: bed linen, upholstery, carpets, sun screens, insect screens, awnings
- Apparel: clothing, workwear, interlinings
Uster Value-added Services
Training & Consulting
Tap into unmatched expertise in quality management for textile manufacturing:
- Standard and tailor-made training courses are available at Uster premises, or at customers’ own plants
- Uster experts guide mills to optimize manufacturing operations
Uster tailor-made services help customers achieve and maintain top performance from their instruments throughout their life cycle.
- With four regional and more than 29 local service centers worldwide, Uster support is never far away
- 215 Uster certified service engineers worldwide provide fast and reliable technical assistance
Uster connections: added value with each system
Uster EVS Fabriq Vision
Uster EVS Fabriq Vision ensures reliable quality by using automated control during intermediate and final inspection.
Uster EVS Fabriq Shade
Uster EVS Fabriq Shade monitors shade variation in almost any process where color is critical, directly on the system, without the need to cut the fabric.